Congratulations to Badsberg Cellar, whose Pinotage 2018 was selected for the 2019 Top 10 Pinotage awards!
Organised by the Pinotage Association, the Absa Top 10 Pinotage competition identifies ten Pinotage wines which will serve as benchmark for the development of distinctive South African Pinotage, and illustrate the uniqueness of Pinotage in the international wine world. So as far as Pinotage is concerned, being one of the Absa Top 10 Pinotage winners is the highest accolade any local Pinotage producer hopes to achieve.
This year’s panel of judges were treated to exceptional wines. The panel consisted of Dr. Winnie Bowman, Greg Sherwood, Razvan Macici, Nomonde Kubheka, Frans Smit and Solly Monyamane.
The 2019 Absa Top 10 Pinotage winners:
- Anura Pinotage Reserve 2016
- Badsberg Pinotage 2018
- Beyerskloof Winemaker’s Reserve Pinotage 2017
- Diemersdal Pinotage Reserve 2018
- Fleur du Cap Series Privée Pinotage 2016
- Kanonkop Pinotage 2015
- Survivor Pinotage 2017
- Simonsig Redhill Pinotage 2017
- Vondeling Bowwood Pinotage 2016
- Wildekrans Pinotage Barrel Select Reserve 2016